Therapy can help us to make sense of our emotions and find a way forward when we are feeling very stuck. I am quite existential in my outlook and recognise that just living and being in this world can be difficult and overwhelming at times as we all have to come to terms with huge losses, transitions and ageing. It is easy to forget how powerful it can be to just be witnessed in our pain and distress and not feel alone. Often we need to be given the space to grieve for what we have lost or haven’t had before we can step into creating a life that is fulfilling for us in the present.
I have over 10 years experience as a Therapist and have worked with clients of all genders for individual and Group Therapy as well as running womens workshops. I also tutor students training to be counsellors.
I live and work in Brighton and Hove, attend regular supervision and have professional liability insurance. I am registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, and work within their ethical framework for good practice.
I have experience in both private practice and in various different organisational settings. They include:
- 10 years of 1:1 Therapy to individuals of all genders.
- A Tutor on the Person Centred Foundation Degree course at East Sussex College.
- Delivers own Boarding School Awareness Course online for ex-boarders.
- Delivered “Boarding School Survivors” Workshops for Online Events.
- Offers Reflective Practice Supervision Groups for Hangleton and Knoll Youth Workers.
- Working for Winston’s Wish, a charity specialising in offering bereavement support for young people and families suffering the loss of a parent.
- Working for the NHS at the Brighton Women’s Centre, where Counselling and Psychotherapy is provided to women with mental health difficulties.
- Facilitator of the Personal Development groups for the Post-Graduate Humanistic Psychotherapy Students at Brighton University.
- Counsellor for women affected by sexual violence for Rape Crisis in London.
- Counselling young people aged 16-26 at the Youth Advisory Centre in Hove.
- Running groups for women with drug and alcohol concerns at the Oasis Project.
- Training with Cruse Bereavement Care and support those bereaved by death to understand their grief and cope with their loss.
Training and Qualifications
- Psychotherapy training with Nick Duffel working with Boarding School Survivors. 2021.
- Brainspotting _ Phase 1, BSPUK, November 2022.
- Postgraduate diploma in Humanistic Psychotherapeutic Counselling from Brighton University.
- Female Empowerment Model – working with Sexual abuse and violence. 2017.
- CBT with a heart. December 2016.
- Heartswork Certificate in Couples Counselling. December 2016.
- Heartswork Certificate in Group work 2015
- Cruse Certificate in Bereavement Counselling (Cruse Bereavement Care)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- Understanding Autism Spectrum Conditions (Rachel Lowden 2014)
- Boarding School Syndrome. Joy Shraverein. May 2016.
Areas I frequently work with are:
Grief, bereavement and loss.
Separation and divorce
|Boarding School Syndrome|
Eating Disorders – Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, Anorexia
Existential Crisis – loss of meaning of life,